Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a technology that is set apart from other information technologies by the need to identify 'where' or location. Our members have diverse interests, but share similar geospatial challenges. ILGISA brings together the GIS community of the State of Illinois through biannual conferences and the publication of Illinois GIS Notes.
MEMBERS: Log in to access your member directory listing, see the complete directory, and access all members only features!
On this page:
It is our pleasure to announce that Early Bird registration for the ILGISA 2014 Annual Conference is now open! There are many exciting changes this year including:
▪ A two-day instructor-led training course from ESRI, the first one offered at an ILGISA Conference,
▪ Four certified URISA workshops,
▪ Fun social events including Student Night and ESRI night (returning for the second year in a row),
▪ A Tuesday workshop for K-12 educators, designed by our friends at the Illinois Geographic Society, and
▪ Two full days of technical sessions from your peers and colleagues.
The 2014 conference promises to be one of your best yet. We look forward to seeing you all in October!
Andrew Vitale, Conference Chair
Lucy Stanfield, Conference Co-Chair
The Annual Conference will be held October 27 - 29, 2014 at the Hilton Lisle/Naperville, 3003 Corporate West Drive, Lisle, Illinois.
REGISTER by September 12, 2014 to take advantage of early registration discounts!
Sign-up to Sponsor and Exhibit at the ILGISA 2014 Annual Conference
The Illinois GIS Association registration to sponsor and exhibit at the 2014 Annual Conference is open.
For detailed information on Sponsorship and Exhibit opportunities and registration form, CLICK HERE
Top of Page
ILGISA Springfield Regional Meeting - Registration Open
August 18, 2014
9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Lincoln Land Community College, Trutter Center
5250 Shepherd Road
Springfield, IL 62794-9256
On the Agenda!
- Python / ArcPy Examples - Burt McAlpine, JULIE Inc.
- ArcGIS Online As A Daily Tool - Micah Williamson, Cloudpoint Geographics
- Cartography - Moving Past the Defaults - Robb Schuldt, DuPage County GIS
- Applying Technologies to Enable Effective Decision-Making: A Summary of the CAPSTONE-14 Earthquake Exercise - Pamela Brooks and Mike Stehn, Illinois Emergency Management Agency
- Be a Geo-Mentor or Trainer for GIS - Judith Bock, Illinois Geography and Geospatial Initiative for Education (IGGIE)
- GIS Internships - Mike Rudibaugh, Ph.D. (Economic Geography), Co-PI Geospatial Technology Advantage (National Science Foundation), Lake Land College
- 3D Elevation Program - Shelley Silch, US Geological Survey
- Imposing Order On An Unruly Database - Mary Elliott, DuPage County
Interested in presenting at the Conference and Regional Meetings, complete the Call for Content form
Read more about the May 28, 2014 Regional Meeting held in Effingham...
Top of Page
Breaking New Ground in 2014
As spring is coming around the corner, we have received a few questions from the membership about moving to a single conference and overall program offerings from the Association.
As announced last October, the ILGISA Board of Directors strategically decided to move to a single annual conference. As part of the decision making process, the Board of Directors sought input from the membership through the Membership Survey released last spring, the Vendor Involvement Program meeting last summer, the Membership Conference Preferences Survey in the fall, and from our new association management firm CM Services. Directors also closely evaluated conference attendance, levels of satisfaction, diversity of session and workshop offerings, and overall membership benefits.
We are excited about this change, as it will allow us to systematically improve program offerings to GIS professionals throughout the state. As a result, the Board of Directors is focusing on three core programs; an annual conference, regional meetings, and webinars. The annual conference will grow to a 3-day event and offer increased training opportunities, networking programs, and a more fluid schedule. Regional meetings throughout the state will partner with local colleges and universities, the business community, and GIS professionals to generate local networks of GIS communities. The webinar series is under redevelopment to offer an expanded selection of training workshops and will be broadcast in the months between the conference and regional meetings.
Together, these programs are designed to provide year round benefits with the flexibility needed by the GIS professional of Illinois. Keep a close eye on the monthly ILGISA Association News email for details on these events. We look forward to seeing you there!
Top of Page
ILGISA Board of Directors Adopts 2014-2016 Strategic Plan
During their December 11, 2013 meeting, the Board of Directors approved the 2014-2016 Strategic Plan for ILGISA. The Board updated the ILGISA mission to state:
ILGISA advances the understanding, communication, and effectiveness of geospatial technology in Illinois.
Three-Year Priorities in the Strategic Plan are
1. Improve member programs and services.
2. Enhance and increase frequency of communication with and amongst membership.
3. Create a diverse membership.
4. Foster a sense of community and shared knowledge among geospatial technology users.
5. Build on partnership with CM Services, Inc.
Read more . . .
Top of Page
Webinar Submissions Being Accepted
Anyone interested in presenting a webinar can complete the following SUBMISSION FORM.
GET INVOLVED AND JOIN THE FUN...VOLUNTEER TO BE ON A COMMITTEE
Check out the committee page to see if you are interested in working on a committee. If duty calls, contact the chair of the committee or submit your name to the Executive Director.
Top of Page
Illinois GIS Association
800 Roosevelt Road
Building C Suite 312
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Information about the change in ILGISA association management
Join ILGISA's LinkedIn Group Today!