The U.S. Census Bureau launched a new online map ahead of the 2020 Census apportionment results release. The "Historical Apportionment Data Map" currently displays apportionment results for each census from 1910 to 2010. 2020 Census apportionment results will be added to the map as they become available.
The interactive map includes the following types of data for each census from 1910 to 2010:
- Number of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Changes to each state's number of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Population per representative for each state.
- Resident population of each state.
- Percentage change in resident population for each state.
- Population density of each state.
The interactive map also features:
- Downloadable tables showing the source data.
- Technical documentation.
- Optimization for mobile use
Click here to read the full article