Applications shall be submitted to the ILGISA Education Committee using the proper form. All applications must be typed and all application materials (i.e. letter of recommendation) must be submitted together in order for the application to be considered.
- Applicants must be accepted or enrolled in a full or part-time curriculum that will result in a diploma at an accredited two or four-year college or university in the state of Illinois.
- Applicants must be registered as a member or student member of ILGISA before the application deadline of July 31, 2020.
- Applicants receiving their degree before the submission deadline will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Applications for the ILGISA Scholarship shall include the following documents in order to be considered:
- The completed application form
- A 400-word statement of educational objectives, future study or research plans and professional activities, and relationship of activities and/or research to mission of ILGISA
- A digital transcript showing records for the academic year previous to July 1.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor that addresses the applicant's academic ability, professional potential, applicable work experience, community service, extracurricular activities, or any other relevant information that supports the candidate's application.
- The scholarship recipient will receive the award after providing confirmation of registration for the current or next term to the ILGISA Executive Director.
- The award will be presented in the form of a check made out to the winner.
- The recipient will be notified by September 17 following the submission deadline. The recipient will be acknowledged on the ILGISA website and at the ILGISA Conference in October. The recipient will also be awarded a complimentary registration to the ILGISA Conference where the award will be presented.
Valid applications for the ILGISA Scholarship will be reviewed by the ILGISA Education Committee. The ILGISA Education Committee will make recommendations about award recipients to the ILGISA Board of Directors. The ILGISA Board of Directors will make the final decision on the winner of the ILGISA Scholarship. The decision of the ILGISA Board of Directors is final.
Applications will be judged according to the following criteria:
- 50% academic record
- 20% applicant's statement
- 20% letter of recommendation
- 10% professional activities (ILGISA membership, conference participation, publications, community service, work experience, volunteer or academic projects, etc.)
Level of financial need will be considered, to break ties if necessary, after the primary criteria have been considered.
If the situation warrants, the ILGISA Board of Directors can choose to award no scholarships.