VIEW JOB POSTINGS
GIS Technical Lead, Baxter & Woodman
Baxter & Woodman’s GIS Department provides planning, design, and implementation of GIS and GPS-based services for municipal clients. We specifically focus on the enhancement and advancement of the clients operational and management services. The GIS Technical Lead will be responsible for the tasks associated with the technical implementation of the GIS services and products provided both internally and to the B&W client-base. The candidate must possess the skills necessary to advance the GIS services and applications provided to our clients and potential clients focusing on maintaining our superior level of client service.
· Market, train, and coordinate with clients and potential clients to grow the GIS business.
· Communicate with clients, the general public, vendors, management, and contractors in order to coordinate and administer the use of GIS projects and data.
· Assists Geospatial Services Group Leader and GIS Operations Manager in the development of GIS standards, training and guidance for GIS users within the Department.
· Work closely with client and internal team members to design and develop client and public-facing applications for the management, manipulation, and visualization of various types of data and projects.
· Application development estimating, planning, and progress tracking to ensure timely completion.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in GIS or related field & 5+ Years of practical GIS experience in a progressively responsible role.
· Working within a Team Environment
· Technical troubleshooting, creative problem solving, and resourcefulness a must.
· Installation of ArcGIS for Server instances; authoring and publishing services including editing, printing, geoprocessing, and cached services. Managing security in the ArcGIS for Server environment.
· Designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining enterprise geodatabases in a SQL Server environment; including supporting a versioned editing environment, topology and geometric network editing. Specific knowledge of coordinate systems and geographic transformations.
· Creating custom Python scripts and geoprocessing tools to automate tasks and increase efficiencies of the department.
· Azteca Cityworks experience highly valued
· Geocortex Essentials or other web-based mapping application experience preferred.
· Practical experience with ArcGIS Online for Organizations desired
· Familiarity in Cloud services and application development a plus.
· A strong understanding of client server technology, server architecture, and network protocol and standards preferred.
· Certifications (ESRI, GISP, etc.) a plus
Forward your Resume & Self ID form to Jobs@baxterwoodman.com or Fax to 815-444-3304
Applications & Self ID forms can be found at www.baxterwoodman.com
B&W is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer
Back to the top
GIS Business Analyst, Exelon
At Exelon, we've got a place for you! Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join our ComEd team of nearly 6,000 employees who are responsible for maintaining more than 70,000 miles of power lines that make up the electric transmission and distribution system in northern Illinois.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform general analysis and prepare reports to support business operations. Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other general financial and operational analysis.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITITIES
Provide statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business operations. Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for both internal and external use. Maintain data integrity in ComEd's proprietary GIS system (GE Smallworld product).
- Bachelor's degree is GIS-related field and 2-5 experience OR 6-10 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- General understanding of asset management and proficiency in standard software applications (Microsoft Office suite is a must, Passport and Sharepoint is helpful).
- Experience in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
- Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and general analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- General knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance.
- Ability to analyze organizational data and problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
PLEASE NOTE: Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
For more information or to apply, please contact Irene Johnson, ComEd Mapping & Records Manager, at Irene.Johnson@ComEd.com.
EEO AND VEVRAA STATEMENT
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to the top
Professional Services Engineer, Boundless
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Department: Professional Services
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Boundless is actively seeking a Professional Services engineer that will be responsible for architecting, optimizing, and delivering our open source geospatial software to clients in the St. Louis, MO area. Boundless is a high-growth software company that gives customers powerful Spatial IT software to free enterprises from proprietary alternatives. Founded as not-for-profit in 2002, Boundless develops and supports open-source software for managing spatial data and building maps and applications. Following impressive global adoption of OpenGeo Suite, the company received venture capital financing from Vanedge Capital and In-Q-Tel and was spun out as an independent corporation in April 2013. The expert developers at Boundless enjoy a fun and flexible work environment and exceptional benefits while building Spatial IT solutions for some of the largest corporations and government organizations. Our customers already include major energy, telecommunications, utilities, civilian agencies within the US federal government, the US Intelligence community, the Defense Department, the World Bank, and other large enterprises worldwide.
This position works directly with our clients to streamline implementations and ensure successful deployment of the Boundless software stack.
Provide technical guidance related to optimizing existing implementation of OpenGeo Suite
Support architecture, implementation, and optimization related to expanding the use of the open source OpenGeo Suite across multiple GEOINT content domains
Plan technical migrations of additional GEOINT content domain projects/programs to open source software
Support to efforts to disseminate GEOINT content via OpenGeo Suite (PostGIS, Geoserver, OpenLayers, etc)
Develop customized configurations of Boundless stack ranging from proof-of-concept implementations to production-ready systems
Develop, improve and deliver Boundless's Professional Service (PS) offerings to our clients
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a technical discipline
Demonstrated experience building geospatial solutions
Hands-on experience of GIS/geospatial software, particularly PostGIS, GeoServer, GeoWebCache, OpenLayers, and ESRI products
Hands-on skills with System Administration (Linux, Windows), Enterprise Security (LDAP, Active Directory, SSL), Test Automation Tools (JMeter, SoapUI/LoadUI), ETL (SAFE FME, GDAL/OGR, GeoKettle), Web Servers and Architecture (Apache, JEE Containers, REST, HAProxy), Version Control (GitHub, Subversion), Amazon Web Services
Experience with clustering and performance optimization on bare-metal and cloud infrastructures
Current and active Top Secret (TS)/SCI security clearance
The ideal candidate also offers:
A desire to learn about new technology and practices, and a desire to share, and to teach others
GEOINT community experience
You must be organized, self-directed, and passionate about using your skills to make great products and services.
We invest in the best people and treat them right. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits. Boundless is a small but growing organization focused on bringing the best enterprise open source geospatial software to organizations and governments around the world. Our team is distributed from Austria to Argentina, with higher concentrations in New York, NY; Arlington, VA; Victoria, BC; and St Louis, MO.
How to Apply
Send us your resume and cover letter, and make sure to let us know why you're interested in Boundless!
Please visit the following link for more information: http://boundless.theresumator.com/apply/JOxcL6/Professional-Services-Engineer.html?source=TWIT
Back to the top
Planning Analyst, SSMMA
The South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association (SSMMA) seeks a Planning Analyst. SSMMA is a non-profit Council of Governments representing 43 communities in south Cook and eastern Will counties. SSMMA is involved in transportation, housing, economic development, open space, environmental, broadband and other issues important to our member communities and our region. SSMMA's GIS department supports these activities and maintains the South Suburban Atlas which provides efficient, innovative and high quality GIS services to members of the South Suburban GIS Consortium.
The Planning Analyst will be responsible for the following tasks:
Collecting, organizing and inputting data used by SSMMA Housing staff and South Suburban Land Bank and Development Authority (SSLBDA) staff. Analyzing data to identify, evaluate and make inferences on trends.
Conducting research and preparing results for use by SSMMA and SSLBDA staff on specific planning programs areas or ordinances.
Uploading and managing geospatial data in web mapping applications (ssatlas.org).
Updating and maintaining records pertaining to properties donated, purchased, or considered by the SSLBDA.
Working with housing, transportation and economic development staff to provide mapping and planning support for various projects.
Assisting with updating land bank and housing websites.
The Planning Analyst should have a working knowledge of ArcGIS software including ESRI ArcGIS 10.2, ESRI ArcServer 10.2, ESRI Network Analyst, ESRI Spatial Analyst and ArcGIS Online as well as Microsoft Office, AutoCAD. Familiarity with ESRI Business Analyst Online is desirable.
A bachelor's or Master's (preferred) degree in urban and regional planning or related field of study is required. Relevant professional experience may be substituted for education.
This is a full time (35 hours/week), salaried position and includes a fringe benefit package. South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is negotiable and is dependent upon qualifications.
The position will remain open until filled. Please respond with resume and cover letter or with questions about the position by email, fax or mail to:
Thomas Vander Woude, AICP
South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association 1904 W. 174th Street East Hazel Crest, Illinois 60429 Phone: 708.922.4677
Back to the top
Mapping Sales Representative-Chicago, Seiler Geospatial Division
Department: Geospatial Position: Mapping Sales Representative – Chicago
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position reports to the Mapping Manager and is responsible for all mapping sales activities in a designated region. This includes identifying customers, providing a value-add solution, closing sales, and customer follow-up. The position is based in Westmont, IL and will report to Seiler’s Westmont office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Identify key customers and markets in a designated territory that would be candidates for the mapping products.
· Place prospecting calls to appropriate contacts.
· Establish rapport with prospective customers.
· Provide a value-add solution, remove obstacles, and close business.
· Maintain contact with existing customers and provide post-sales assistance.
· Build strong rapport with key business partners and local manufacturer reps.
· Become familiar with Esri products related to field data collection.
· Attend GIS-related events and join and participate in online GIS social media groups.
· Keep the Mapping Sales Manager informed of trends or issues.
· Keep up-to-date on new technology through training arranged by Mapping Sales Manager.
· Serve as the main point-of-contact into Seiler for the customer. Stay engaged with any related issue with every customer in the territory.
· Stay on the road at least 50% of the time.
· Be actively involved in the developmental plans for the company division.
Education and/or experience:
· College degree and 2+ years of sales or customer service experience, preferably in a technical field. Each year of appropriate additional experience can substitute for formal education.
· Comfortable working with computers and learning new technologies.
· GIS/GPS knowledge a plus, but training will be provided.
· Would prefer candidate already live in the area and be comfortable with the geography.
Significant local/regional travel is expected (50%+). Some distance/overnight travel is expected (10%).
Back to the top
Geospatial Technical Group Leader, Hanson Professional Services Inc.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a candidate to lead our Geospatial Technical Group, including client development and technical oversight of land and hydrographic surveying, mapping, GIS and asset management services across all of Hanson’s Market Units. This is a Federal market position.
1. Developing and implementing a strategic vision for Hanson’s survey program (setting the direction for Hanson’s geospatial practices including asset management, GIS, surveying within our firm and capitalizing on this with our current clients, plus developing new clients who have similar needs). This includes the critical assessment and development of new technical service offerings within the geospatial discipline;
2. Client development, relationship management and marketing in collaboration with Market Principals for geospatial opportunities across Hanson’s various markets;
3. Development and management of more than 20 geospatial professionals and survey personnel and resources in multiple offices and resources, including hydrographic survey and a geospatial imaging equipment. This includes developing standard operating procedures for survey workflow, day to day leadership, and management of Hanson’s survey, mapping, and GIS staff;
4. Collaborating with Market Principals and Client Champions with survey aspects of proposals; and
5. Enhancement of Hanson’s technical competence through advancing technology, presentations, and the development of articles and papers.
· Strategic thinker with experience in providing leadership and management of geospatial and surveying personnel and projects;
· Well versed in a variety of technical areas including LIDAR, photogrammetry, boundary research, organizing and conducing field surveys including route and property surveys, preparation of right of way plats, data reduction, calculations, and preparation of topographic maps and site plans from survey information;
· Ability to manage both field and office staff;
· A degree in Engineering, GIS, Geography, or a related field;
· Licensed Professional Surveyor;
· 12+ years of relevant progressive geospatial project experience;
· A strong background in survey methods, including use of robotic total stations, 3D terrestrial scanners, GPS, hydrographic survey equipment; and mobile mapping systems and aerial mapping techniques;
· A strong background in data management and technology, including familiarity with Autodesk, Bentley, and ESRI products; and
· Ability to travel for meetings and projects.
Anticipated Classification Range: E/S V - VII
Contact: Interested and qualified Hanson employees should submit HRMP-8.2 "Employee Application for Posted Position" and a current resume to Human Resources-628-F by December 19, 2014. Form HRMP-8.2 is available through Human Resources.
Interested and qualified applicants, other than Hanson employees, should apply through the Hanson website, www.hanson-inc.comto job #628-F by December 19, 2014.
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS
Back to the top
Lead GIS Analyst (System Analyst Lead), St. Louis County Missouri Division of Personnel
Louis County Missouri Division of Personnel invites applications for the position of Lead GIS Analyst (System Analyst Lead)
$23.73 - $37.97 Hourly $49,358.40 - $78,977.60 Annually
OPENING DATE: 12/05/14
CLOSING DATE: 01/05/15 11:59 PM
DESCRIPTION: The GIS Analyst Lead position is located in the GIS Service Center of the Division of Information Technology.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
· Manages data conversion, design, development, training, and quality assurance for GIS software systems applications.
· Develops, implements, and manages GIS data and its organizational structure/database environment. Analyzes and interprets spatial data used in the production of maps, reports, and other products.
· Manages activities involving GIS projects. Develops and implements methodologies for creation and use of spatial data including digitizing, editing, coding, and annotating line, point, and polygon data.
· Consults with County departments in the development of their GIS plans, goals, and objectives. Coordinates GIS activities between the County and other external agencies.
· Designs, develops, and maintains GIS production schedules. Manages and monitors project progress to ensure timely completion of projects.
· Designs GIS project methodology for assigned projects to include the primary staff assistance in identifying needs and acquiring GIS products and services.
· Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments in the geographic information systems field for application to responsibilities under charge.
· Retrieves, processes, and analyzes archive spatial data.
· Provides training for staff in the use of GIS.
· May participate in special projects working with special requests, special report preparations, and GIS presentations.
· Determines budgetary requirements for GIS systems and provides long-range planning related to GIS.
· Coordinates database and host server activities with the enterprise server support team.
· Schedules and coordinates ArcGIS patches, updates, and upgrades.
· Troubleshoots issues and provides direct input to ESRI for recommended features, enhancements, etc.
· Functions as database administrator for all GIS related processes and projects.
· Performs related work as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Geography, or a related field and two years' experience with GIS systems analysis; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Preferred applicants will possess thorough knowledge of ArcGIS software as well as experience working with Geodatabase maintenance and replication, Cadastral mapping, and SQL Server database maintenance, Arc GIS Server and Extensions, and REST API.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT: A selection committee will evaluate the qualifications of each applicant which will include recentness and appropriateness of the applicant's education and experience, answers to the supplemental questions, results of employment references investigated and any other appropriate information available.
The selection committee will admit to the interview only those persons who possess the most job related qualifications and may establish admittance criteria beyond the minimum qualifications stated above. The interview will comprise 100% of the applicant's earned grade. A candidate must earn a qualifying grade of 70 or more on the interview to be eligible for appointment.
The five top ranking candidates, based on the final grade, will be certified to the Department Director/Appointing Authority who will make the final decision.
All applicants conditionally offered a permanent part time, full time, term or on-call position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Screening will be performed by a reputable clinical laboratory. The cost of screening will be bourne by the County.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants interested in applying for this position should visit our website atwww.stlouisco.com/personnel/jobsearch or apply in person at St. Louis County Government, Division of Personnel located at 41 S. Central 7th Floor, Clayton, Missouri 63105.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY: The policy of the Civil Service Commission of St. Louis County is to support fair and equitable employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability/handicap condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans' status or political affiliation. Call the Division of Personnel at (314) 615-5429 for more information on this policy.
St. Louis County
Division of Personnel, 7th Floor
Clayton, MO 63105
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hearing Impaired TTY: (314) 615-5889
Fax: (314) 615-7703
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
41 South Central
St. Louis, MO 63105
LEAD GIS ANALYST (SYSTEM ANALYST LEAD)
Back to the top
Montgomery County GIS Technician
The Montgomery County Supervisor of Assessments office is seeking a GIS Technician/Plat Act Officer for full-time employment of 35 hours per week Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Main tasks will include mapping of tax parcel boundaries, including creating, designing, and maintenance of County GIS database. Other duties include customized map creation for County needs and the general public, Plat Act Officer responsibilities to approve parcel divisions, and related work performance as required. Starting annual salary is from $28,000 to $32,000 plus benefits, which include IMRF pension, paid holidays and health insurance. Position requires an Associates Degree in GIS or related field and GIS related work experience is preferred. Working knowledge of ArcGIS software is essential. Must be able to work independently and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Applicant must possess technical skills plus the ability to successfully interact with various constituents including elected officials, department heads, staff and customers.
To apply send resumes to Supervisor of Assessments, 1 Courthouse Square, Room 201, Hillsboro, IL 62049. Resumes must be received by January 2, 2015.
Successful candidate must agree to a background check and pass a drug screening. Preference is given to Montgomery County residents.
Montgomery County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to the top
Engineering Technician II (GIS Specialist), Sioux City, IA
The beautiful city of Sioux City, IA is seeking a full time GIS Specialist – see details below.
Engineering Technician II (GIS Specialist)
Posted Date: 12/8/2014
Closing Date: 01/21/2015
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN II(GIS SPECIALIST), $50,599-$58,282/DOQ Performs highly skilled technical work in support of public works and utility engineering functions using ArcMap (ESRI), AutoCAD, surveying/GPS, performing record-keeping functions, including related office filing, maintain geospatial data, permitting, and assessments, with the primary function supporting GIS activities. This position will be responsible for various GIS functions and may assist the Chief Land Surveyor, Surveyors, Engineering Technicians, and Inspectors in surveying/GPS, inspections, design, drafting or other engineering functions. Minimum qualifications: Associates Degree and four years GIS experience with emphasis on ESRI products.
Application and further details can be located at the city's website, http://www.sioux-city.org/, under the "Job Openings" section.
Back to the top
GIS Specialist, Umatilla Electric Cooperative
Job Title: GIS Specialist
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: October 2014
Reports To: Manager of Engineering
Approved By: General Manager and CEO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approved Date: November 2014
Physical Effort: Level 1 (Minimal)
Under the direction of the Engineering Department Manager and the GIS Administrator, this position is responsible for updating the Cooperative's geographic information system and engineering analysis model and for providing mapping solutions and reports for department needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• may include other duties as assigned.
• Updates the geographic information system (GIS) and engineering analysis model to reflect corrections or changes made to the electrical system.
• Updates proposed project details within the GIS (for construction, engineering, etc.)
• Edits current GIS and engineering model as directed to ensure locational accuracy and alignment with basemap.
• Produces maps, diagrams, and reports as requested for field operations or UEC staff.
JOB DUTIES may include other duties as assigned.
• Exports data from company systems (Financial, Outage Management, Customer Information/Billing, and Engineering Analysis) as needed for reports and mapping products.
• Assists and trains technical and non-technical end users of GIS in the cooperative’s mapping solutions.
• Undertakes field work as needed to verify and update Cooperative GIS and engineering data. Reports technical issues with GIS database and systems to the GIS Administrator and IT Department.
• Reports data quality or product accessibility issues to the GIS Administrator.
• Occasionally runs engineering analysis models, reports errors or invalid outputs, and presents results.
• Recommends processes to automate or otherwise improve data collection, integration and presentation.
• Complies with Cooperative GIS database and product backup protocols.
• Maintains proficiency in understanding the relationship of GIS and other company systems such as Financial, Outage Management, Customer Information/Billing, and Engineering Analysis.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of technology and GIS functionality. Participates in local professional group meetings, online professional listservs, stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of GIS, database design, and related hardware/software.
• Focuses with detail and accuracy on quality in all aspects of the job.
• Acquires thorough knowledge and familiarity with electric distribution system components and their functions, the National Electric Safety Code, and standard RUS assemblies.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Conducts themselves in a manner that reflects well on UEC and contributes to harmonious relations with members and the general public.
• Respectfully takes direction from the appropriate supervisors.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Associate degree (A.A.) from two-year school in Geographic Information Systems, Cartography, Computer Science, or a related computer-aided design field; or five (5) to six (6) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience and training in ArcGIS or similar mapping software is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimal experience with field data collection is required. Familiarity with electrical utility systems and engineering analysis is preferred, but not required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical descriptions/instructions, work or service orders, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common communications from colleagues, regulatory agencies, or members of the Cooperative or business community. Ability to effectively present information to colleagues, management, the public, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to comprehend and apply algebra and spatial statistics. Ability to work with concepts such as buffers, network connectivity and flow, query structures, and measurements related to various coordinate systems.
Proficient in computer technology; adapts and embraces new devices, software applications and technology processes. Must have experience with ArcGIS products and database management software. Has advanced computer skills in such fields as GIS, graphic design, electric system design, statistics and/or web-based training. Familiarity with web mapping services, mobile mapping solutions, modeling/scripting, and working with multiple data formats is preferred.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and follow a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES A valid Drivers’ License is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Skills: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision. The employee needs depth perception and the ability to adjust focus and to read computerized and paper maps where various colors are key indicators. While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; twist, turn; push and/or pull; talk or hear.
Physical Effort: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, be able to drive a motor vehicle for extended time periods, and be able to walk outdoors in field areas, encountering uneven terrain.
Works in a climate-controlled office the majority of the time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Visit the UEC career opportunities page for application details:
CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS
Back to the top
Macon County, IL Supervisor of Assessments
Macon County Supervisor of Assessments
141 S. Main Street, Ste 401, Decatur, IL 62523
Job Classification – This position is a full time position in the Macon County Supervisor of Assessments.
Position Title: Tax Mapping Specialist
Classification: Full time
Reports to: Supervisor of Assessments
Salary range: $27,500-$29,500
This position involves executing the Department’s various property assessment functions and specifically the maintenance of GIS tax parcel map data. Perform updates and corrections to the official tax parcel maps for the Supervisor of Assessments office and additional mapping assignments for various departments and outside agencies.
• Make subdivisions and combinations to tax parcel map
• Annotate all layers of the current geodatabase
• Perform data acquisition, reformatting, and analysis within GIS
• Collect field data using GPS equipment
• Create and disseminate reports and maps using spatial data
An Associate’s Degree in GIS, computer science, engineering, or one to three years of work experience, including map creation, general computer usage, GIS analysis and database manipulation is required. A Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) certification and familiarity with ESRI’s ArcGIS for Server is preferred. This position requires a working knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate competency in ESRI’s ArcGIS for Desktop. Individual must be willing to attend and complete all necessary training as indicated and required.
Specific work skills must include:
• Read legal descriptions and locate property
• Computer skills specifically Microsoft Office
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Data collection, filing and retrieval skills
Please submit a resume to:
Supervisor of Assessments
141 S Main St Ste 401
Decatur, IL 62523
Back to the top
CSU’s Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence (IC CAE)
Position: Project Administrator
Position Description: Chicago State University is looking to hire a program administrator to manage its IC-CAE devoted to Intelligence and Cyber Security Education and Research (ICSER). Funded with a 5 year-long $1.9 million grant from the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the ICSER unit is located in the Department of Information Studies, College of Education. The project administrator who will report to the IC-CAE director, will be responsible for overall supervision of program activities and staff, including graduate and research assistants. H/she will provide support for IC-CAE’s faculty and students, develop, manage and maintain database information to track program activities, process all forms required by the University and the DIA.
Position Type: 5-year program subject to availability of funding
Electronic applications must be received by:
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000
• Manage the Center's grant finances: Prepare required budget reports to the DIA.
• Work with the IC-CAE director, chairperson of the Information Studies Department and director of Sponsored Programs to ensure that program requirements are addressed in a timely fashion.
• Arrange all travel for IC-CAE director, associate directors, and students: prepare travel authorization (TA) requests and complete reimbursement forms.
• Monitor grant encumbrances and expenditures: Determine and, when appropriate, provide authorization for all program expenditures. Develop record-keeping systems and maintain accurate accounting records for encumbrances and expenditures. Maintain an individual budget tracking system to facilitate all funded projects.
• Manage contracts, timesheets, and payroll for program consultants, graduate and research assistants.
• Oversee IC-CAE's Administration: Assist the director in creating, implementing and revising office policies regarding the operation of the program, assist associate directors in administering funded initiatives, serving as primary contact between the Center and University departments.
• Coordinate program activities, conferences, workshops, and symposia in partnership with local, state, and national organizations.
• Manage all program operations, including Student Internship and Overseas Education Programs.
Minimum Qualifications for Education and Experience: A bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in administrative staff work are required. Experience with complex budgets and grant reporting requirements is essential. Working knowledge of spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing software programs. Record-keeping and filing experience.
Preferred Experience: Experience in an academic environment Web/social media skills. Experience with event coordination. Experience with grant management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Detail oriented with efficient and effective planning and organizational skills. Ability to interact with students, faculty, staff and administrators, multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Strong writing and oral communication skills. Ability to work independently; work with confidential information and navigate the University's operational systems. Working knowledge of spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing software programs. Facility with managing complex budgets and meeting grant reporting requirements.
TO APPLY: Electronic applications are required; attach a single PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered. Visit https://chicagostate.peopleadmin.com/postings/8572
to review application instructions and then apply.
Back to the top
GIS Analyst, South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association (SSMMA)
The South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association (SSMMA) seeks a GIS Analyst. SSMMA is a non-profit Council of Governments representing 43 communities in south Cook and eastern Will counties. SSMMA is involved in transportation, housing, economic development, open space, environmental, broadband and other issues important to our member communities and our region. SSMMA's GIS department supports these activities and maintains the South Suburban Atlas which provides efficient, innovative and high quality GIS services to members of the South Suburban GIS Consortium.
To see the job description, visit http://ssmma.org/employment-opportunity-ssmma-full-time-gis-analyst/
Back to the top
Land Use Technician, Menard County, Illinois
Department: GIS; Board of Commissioners, County Zoning, By agreement and memorandum of understanding, other County offices and
departments including the Supervisor of Assessments
Location: Menard County Courthouse
Reports To: Menard County Board of Commissioners, or their designee;
Supervisor of Assessments / Zoning Administrator
FLSA Status: TBD
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for parcel data maintenance of the County’s Geographic Information System (GIS), reviewing and researching property legal descriptions and completing basic map requests from the public and County Departments. Employee will be charged, in conjunction with the Menard County Coordinator/Zoning Administrator, with enforcement of the Menard County zoning, subdivision, and floodplain development ordinances. Employee will, in conjunction and cooperation with the Menard County Recorder’s Office, enforce the Illinois Plat Act by review and determination of compliance prior to document recording. Employee may be utilized by the Menard County ETSB for technical assistance with 911 mapping programs. Employee will, by agreement and memorandum of understanding, have other duties assigned by other County offices/departments, including the Supervisor of Assessments. Employee may be utilized for occasional IT support and/or troubleshooting.
APPOINTMENT AND SUPERVISION: This position is employed by the Menard County Board of Commissioners and works under their general supervision, or their designee, or by memorandum of understanding with other departments including the Supervisor of Assessments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
*Maintaining GIS parcel data and assessment records through the process of (1) receiving new deeds, plats, and surveys from the County Recorder’s Office, (2) comparing information on deeds to information on property record cards to validate accuracy, (3) making the necessary
changes to property record cards and (4) entering changes into the ESRI GIS and Devnet property tax base.
*Entering newly issued addresses and address corrections into the GIS and Devnet property tax database.
*Adjusting corporate boundary lines in the GIS after annexations take place and changing attributes of affected parcels in the Devnet property tax database.
*Making any necessary changes to other GIS data features that may be affected by the entry of a new parcel in the GIS parcel data (i.e. section lines, land use, road centerlines, etc.)
*Using the BHA GIS Farmland Calculation program to calculate values for property being assessed as farmland and providing property farmland values or tax estimates to Assessment office.
*Working with individuals from the public and other County Department employees that have questions about a legal description and performing research, as needed, for parcel information that does not appear to be correctly described on a recorded deed or survey.
*Checking plats prior to being recorded in the Recorder’s Office and helping Recorder’s office track deeds in correct quarter sections of Tract Index books.
*Acting as a point of contact in the Board of Commissioner/County Coordinator’s office for phone calls, emails, and in-person visits from the public regarding issues related mainly to landuse.
*Completing basic map requests from the public and other County Departments.
*Assist County Zoning Administrator with ensuring compliance with zoning, subdivision, and floodplain development ordinances, mainly by checking plats and deeds recorded with the County. Perform field work, including zoning, subdivision and floodplain development
ordinance enforcement, for the Zoning Administrator, as needed. Responsible for maintaining and updating Devnet property tax software with zoning, subdivision, and floodplain development information. Will have responsibilities related to zoning, subdivision, and floodplain
development file management. Will serve as acting Zoning Administrator when Zoning Administrator is unavailable.
*Will be expected to market GIS services to other County entities (e.g., Emergency Telephone Systems Board, municipalities) to both serve them and generate additional duties and revenue stream *Will act under the supervision of the Supervisor of Assessments to act as Field Assessor for up to 18 hours per week from the month of May to the month September; More days and hours may be assigned to the Supervisor of Assessments’ office, as needed and directed by the Menard County Board of Commissioners or their designee
*May coordinate technical duties with the Menard County 911 Coordinator for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing the Menard County 911 Mapping System, providing accurate 911 dispatching maps to authorized users, and consulting with ETSB on mapping needs.
*Other duties as may be assigned by the Menard County Board of Commissioners or their designee
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Successful performance in this position requires that an individual be able to perform each of its duties and responsibilities satisfactorily with limited supervision and guidance. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
*Researching, reading, and understanding legal descriptions found on deeds and surveys.
*Training and experience working with geographic information systems or computer aided dispatch programs, preferably ESRI ArcMap Products and related software bundles.
*Computer skills including, but not limited to: ESRI ArcGIS software (e.g., ArcView and ArcReader, 911 CAD systems), Windows Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet. Will be expected to learn Devnet property tax software
*Answering phone calls, emails and in-person visits from the public.
*Enforcing zoning, subdivision and floodplain development regulations is desired
*Other potential technical land related tasks as they may arrive.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
*Ability to read and understand legal descriptions found on deeds and surveys.
*An understanding of the Public Land Survey System (PLSS) Metes and Bounds and Coordinator Geometry (COGO).
*A basic understanding of the components and concepts of a GPS, Geographic Information Systems, and E911 applications.
*A good understanding of Windows Explorer and file extensions.
*Working knowledge of, experience with, and skill in the operation of personal computers and geographic information systems’ software (e.g., ArcGIS/ArcView); and other computer programs such as Word, Excel, Access and Adobe Acrobat.
*Working knowledge of concepts related to zoning, subdivision and floodplain development
*Ability to solve practical problems related to GIS/mapping and the operation of the office; interpret and follow instructions presented in a variety of forms.
*Ability to accurately perform calculations that involve figures and amounts, the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and to compute rates, ratios and percentages in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
*Ability to effectively meet and handle the public with respect and consideration and tactfully handle stressful situations involving concerned taxpayers.
*Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with the public, officials, departments, offices and staff; prepare clearly written correspondence that may involve complex information.
*Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of position.
Other requirements –
*Possession of a current, valid driver’s license to operate personal automobile in the State of Illinois pursuant to requirements of Menard County
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform successfully in the position. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is frequently
required to sit, talk, listen and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties and responsibilities of this job. Some work duties will be performed outdoors, in most weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform successfully in the position. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Please submit detailed resume to:
Menard County GIS
P.O. Box 464
Petersburg, IL 62675
Back to the top
GIS Database Coordinator, ExteNet
The primary areas of focus for the GIS Database Coordinator (“Coordinator”) is to develop and implement controls and processes to inventory, monitor, analyze and to create efficient reporting for the information produced and residing in the ExteNet GIS software system. The Coordinator will work closely with the GIS Specialists and the Manager, Cost Analysis to create a best-in-class Outdoor DAS and small cell network development and cost estimating function.
As ExteNet’s GIS team transitions to the ArcGIS software package, and the team begins the process of centralizing all the information that is created in the development of network outside plant designs and the related datasets that is used in the Cost Estimating system, it is essential to have a well-conceived and controlled data repository and management process. This is the required continuing and end result desired from this position.
Work with GIS team to develop the most efficient data hierarchy and data capture routines for outside plant development and underlying information for each essential element thereof
Work with the GIS specialists to create, modify and continually improve the hierarchy of data captured by the GIS software
Immersed and total understanding of the important data and datasets that can be created and stored in the ArcGIS platform
Gain understanding and access to external information of value to GIS team including GIS datasets such as utility, township and other jurisdictional boundaries, historic districts, zoning maps on a local, state and national level
Establish consistent and understandable data inventory repositories that can be easily and efficiently accessed by the appropriate ExteNet personnel for their use for decision making in regards to outside plant assets, designs and data
Be the primary liaison with ExteNet IT and the ArcGIS consultant in regards to data retrieval, plug-ins and productivity tools associated with cataloguing, inventorying and retrieving information from the ArcGIS database
Troubleshoot issues with inventorying or retrieving stored data
Be responsive to requests for information from the GIS database from various ExteNet personnel; either show them how to retrieve themselves, or if a special or unique alignment of information is requested, to develop and implement a repeatable retrieval process
Establish efficient and innovative ways to combine the data from the GIS database with information from other data repositories in the Company, allowing decision makers to take a fresh look at existing information
Recommend improvements to the GIS system, procedures, communication protocols and other facets of the GIS function within ExteNet
Keep up to date on new advances in technology and applications and overall Company strategy that may impact this function
Manage and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines while also highlighting risks and implementing contingency plans
Education: Bachelor’s degree from accredited College or University with an emphasis on database management or GIS/geography
General background in IT database formation and use, preferably in the wireless telecommunications industry, for over 2 years
Preferred experience in the use and control of information from a GIS type data repository and familiarity with SQL database language and queries
Strong analytical and organizational skills and agility with Microsoft Office and database information manipulation
Back to the top