2014 ILGISA Annual Conference
October 27 - 29, 2014
Are you wondering what it's all about? The theme for the Annual Conference is Breaking New Ground. Please join us in October!
The Illinois Geographic Information Systems Association will be holding its twentieth Annual Conference on October 27 - 29, 2014 at the Hilton Lisle/Naperville H in Lisle, Illinois. The era of innovation and integration has influenced the GIS Community forcing new methodologies, solutions and creativity to keep up with this constantly demanding world in which we live. Join ILGISA in Breaking New Ground! This event will feature structured workshops, technical sessions, technology demonstrations, project updates, as well as national and state speakers.
- A varied selection of workshop both hands-on and lecture style.
- A poster competition among GIS users, both professional and student level.
- A student presentation competition for both undergraduate and graduate student competitors with valuable prizes awards to the outstanding presentation.
- An exhibit hall featuring a variety of Exhibitors showcasing their latest GIS related hardware, software, products and services. Please make sure to spend time with them as they are the leading edge of GIS applications and upcoming technology.
- See the complete schedule . . .
Who Should Attend?
- Government officials who implement GIS for a variety of applications. Federal, State, County, City and local officials are all welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Surveyors, engineers and land management specialists who use GIS technology.
- People want to utilize and/or publish GIS data via the internet.
- Business, real estate, banking and insurance specialists who need to understand and access GIS data.
- Public and private utility representatives who use GIS technology for infrastructure management.
- Consultants who provide GIS services, hardware or software.
- People in precision agriculture, health care and other fields just starting to use GIS.
- University faculty and students interested in new GIS technology and research applications.
- Individuals interested in obtaining GISP certification credits towards their GIS professionalization.
- Individuals or organizations interested or concerned with homeland security or emergency preparedness.
- Managers who supervise GIS technology or staff
- GIS professionals in any discipline.
Come network with your peers and exchange ideas! Sometimes the best ideas begin with a simple conversation or a single Power Point slide during a presentation. The only thing holding you back is the parameter of your own imagination! So come join us and explore the endless opportunities.
There will be a variety of exhibitors in attendance with lots of goodies! There is plenty of room to visit with each of the exhibitors, along with convenient tables and good food. These conferences would not be possible without their participation, so please spend time with them to learn about the latest and greatest in the market today. Breakfast, breaks, poster winners, door prizes and announcements will take place within the exhibit hall.
Thank you and we hope to see you in October!
QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS?
Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-942-6584
Logistics, Membership & General Inquiries