2013 Spring ILGISA Conference
April 17-18, 2013
I Hotel & Conference Center
Are you wondering what it's all about? The theme for the Spring Conference is Mapping from the Clouds: A celebration of the evolution of technology to meet the mapping needs of our global community. Please join us this April!
The Illinois Geographic Information Systems Association will be holding its nineteenth annual Spring Conference on April 17-18, 2013 at the I Hotel and Conference Center in Champaign, Illinois. The era of innovation and integration has influenced the GIS Community forcing new methodologies, solutions and creativity to keep up with this constantly demanding world in which we live. Join us as ILGISA moves into the future...Mapping from the Clouds! This event will feature structured workshops, technical sessions, technology demonstrations, project updates, as well as national and state speakers.
- Workshops will be offered both days. All sessions will be offered on day two!
- A varied selection of workshop both hands-on and lecture style.
- A poster competition among GIS users, both professional and student level.
- A student presentation competition for both undergraduate and graduate student competitors will take place on the second day of the conference with valuable prizes awards to the outstanding presentation as judged by a panel of GIS experts.
- An exhibit hall featuring a variety of Exhibitors showcasing their latest GIS related hardware, software, products and services. Please make sure to spend time with them as they are the leading edge of GIS applications and upcoming technology.
- See the complete schedule . . .
Who Should Attend?
- Government officials who implement GIS for a variety of applications. Federal, State, County, City and local officials are all welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Surveyors, engineers and land management specialists who use GIS technology.
- People want to utilize and/or publish GIS data via the internet.
- Business, real estate, banking and insurance specialists who need to understand and access GIS data.
- Public and private utility representatives who use GIS technology for infrastructure management.
- Consultants who provide GIS services, hardware or software.
- People in precision agriculture, health care and other fields just starting to use GIS.
- University faculty and students interested in new GIS technology and research applications.
- Individuals interested in obtaining GISP certification credits towards their GIS professionalization.
- Individuals or organizations interested or concerned with homeland security or emergency preparedness.
- Managers who supervise GIS technology or staff
- GIS professionals in any discipline.
Come network with your peers and exchange ideas! Sometimes the best ideas begin with a simple conversation or a single Power Point slide during a presentation. The only thing holding you back is the parameter of your own imagination! So come join us and explore the endless opportunities.
There will be a variety of exhibitors in attendance with lots of goodies! There is plenty of room to visit with each of the exhibitors, along with convenient tables and good food. These conferences would not be possible without their participation, so please spend time with them to learn about the latest and greatest in the market today. Breakfast, breaks, poster winners, door prizes and announcements will take place within the exhibit hall.
Thank you and we hope to see you in April.
QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS?
Executive Director at email@example.com or 630-942-6584
Logistics, Membership & General Inquiries